6.11.2008

Ennui for Beginners

I realized today that I have become nearly incapable of being entertained. Seriously. I'm so freaking bored that I think I'm starting to fossilize. This occured to me as I watched my third hour of "I Love the 80's" Vol. 3 on VH1. Yep...when given time to myself, I have been reduced to absorbing pseudo-nostalgic low budget television. I think that this is part of my issue with the creative writing prompts. Yes, most of them suck, but still....a part of my writers block is plain, old fashioned apathy. NOTHING inspires me, or excites me, or thrills me anymore. I need a hobby. I work. I come home...maybe run an errand or two if necessary...spend an hour or two with the family and then go to sleep. I'm too tired to even read anymore- and *that* is a real tragedy.

I need a hobby.

Something inexpensive, interesting, and fun that will get me off my mental ass. I need to make new friends (I adore my chosen family...but I don't get to see y'all very often!) on my side of town. People who do stuff that doesn't involve a television. Seriously. I'm turning into a culture-free office drone and that's NOT what I want to be when I grow up.

So...ideas?

No comments: