8.25.2008

Todays Stress Level is: Elevated (Orange)

I have been crazy-busy at work. I got a promotion (YAY ME!) that came with tasks that amount to:

1) Planning a fundraising event (that's roughly the size and scope of a wedding) in a little less than 3 months.

2) Writing, Producing, Directing and Filming a short promotional film that will make people cry 3x in 7 minutes to be screened at said event.

This is in addition to doing a TON of other job-related tasks, trying to finish up my 2nd book before the November deadline, and of course, parenting a medically fragile child. Oh...have I mentioned I know NOTHING about video production?

Adding to the excitement/tension level: we're getting the house in Eastpointe!!!! Of course, Daddy is going away for a month in October, which means that we can add:

3) Tearing off and replacing a roof
4) Repairing the foundation issues

Both in September...in the middle of the work tasks....and the medical appointments...and the writing....and of course, both kids dance and school schedules.

Yeah....no stress here at all.

But of course, no one comes here to read about *me* anymore, LOL. It's aaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllll about Little Pom. So, here's the latest update:

LP was supposed to have his cardio evaluation on the same day as his dialysis clinic this month. He has to have a EKG and Echocardiogram (among other things) in order to be cleared for transplant. I got to the hospital at 12:30 for a 1:15 appointment. Checked in at Outpatient and found out that I needed a prescription for his labs. They sent me to Cardio for the 'scripts. Cardio said that they didn't have them. But they marked that we were there. So then, we went to Dialysis Clinic, got our 'scripts and went back to the lab. Waited there for-evah. When we were next in line, it was 1:20 and we ran across the hall back to Cardio. We sat *there* for awhile, until someone asked us for LP's authorization. No one told me I needed an authorization. So, around 2:00, I skipped the middle-man (aka our evil pediatrician) and called LP's case manager at the insurance company. She said "put them on the phone, I'll give them the authorization right now." They refused to talk to her and said that it had to be faxed in. So, she hung up with me, called them and gave them the authorization number. Their response: "thanks for that....now can you please fax it?" The level of beuracrasy was mind-boggling. I send the Dancing Queen BACK up to the Dialysis Clinic (they were waiting on us) to ask what the latest we could go there was and they said 3:30. FINALLY, at 3:00, we were called in for the Cardio workup. I told the nurse that we had to be at PD clinic by 3:30 (remember, this was a 1:15 appointment) at which point she said.....

"Oh that's not nearly enough time for everything we need to do! You'll have to reschedule and come back!"

I was seriously about to cry. I was soooooo close to tears that you could hear it in my voice. So, we left Cardio and went to clinic. Here's the update on that:

- His catheter site is healthy & healing.
- His diet still is severely restricted and we're not very good at that part of everything.
- His numbers were okay...not super-high, but not normal either.
- His painful shot has been decreased from once a week to once every 10 days.
- But we've added 6 new pills per week.

And that's all the news that's fit to print.

PS- Cardio called today and rescheduled his appointment for the day after tomorrow. Oh, and even though the Case Manager issued a Universal Authorization for him, they didn't bother to enter it into the system, so now we have to get ANOTHER one....in the next 48 hours. Bastards.

2 comments:

Lisha said...

Oh my God, ((hugs)) ((hugs)) ((hugs))

I know how awful it is to feel like you have WAY more on your plate then is humanly possible, and quite frankly, I don't have half as many things going on as you do. From that place where all Energy resides, I call up a goodly dose of it and send it to you, infused with love and Good Will and prayers that as you walk through this the stress will disappear and each piece will simply fall into the right place as its needed so that you can do your part flawlessly.

Lea said...

And yes, I still love you - and still come here to read about your crazy work-life. Hey - I need all the insights I can get! LoL