10.22.2008

The Ongoing Saga of the Pomegranate Clan

So, my brief foray into the distracting world of presidential politics came to an abrupt end when Little Pom ended up back in the hospital for another surgery. His catheter tube (the dialysis one, not the bladder one) ended up cracked so close to his abdomen that they could not repair it, but had to surgically remove it and put in another one. My stepdad was in town to help us roof the new house and ended up spending 9 hours at the ER with me *after* a full day working on the roof. Lemme tell you, he can sleep ANYWHERE! :-)

LP came through his surgery with flying colors and went back to school shortly thereafter. He has recovered nicely from having two surgeries in two weeks...and I have a great reason for not having posted recently! This past weekend, his dialysis tubing came disconnected in the middle of the night, which subsequently made his machine go c-r-a-z-y. I went to call the hospital to find out what to do and we had no phone service! Gee, thanks Comcast! I called the next day and ripped them apart- they sent out the next available tech and we've been fine. But Daddy did end up back in the ER with Little Pom to get antibiotics to prevent infection. So, that's more time lost from work. Have I mentioned how amazingly understanding my workplace is? They are truly unbelievable.

Our housing situation is crazy right now. Strange things are happening with our apartment- too complicated and convoluted to even get into here, which is saying somthing- and we're struggling to get all the work done on the house that we need to do so that we can move within the timeframe we're working with now. It's just a tiny bit stressful. (Please note the wild sarcasm) Anyway, I have a work conference this weekend, so it's up to Daddy, his father and the Dancing Queen to burn through as much of our task list as possible; because, you know, we kinda like having a roof over our heads...especially what with winter coming and the kidney kid and all. (bitter, sarcastic giggle)

For those who may have noticed, I was asked by Childrens Hospital to take down the .pdf version of the donor screening form from www.kidneykid.com. I pointed out that I was simply trying to save my kids life...they pointed out that the form had their logo on it. :-P I took it down, so if anyone is interested in pursuing possible living kidney donation (c'mon...you KNOW you want to!) please email me directly. 

So, that's the super-short version of why I haven't posted in awhile. Now. Comment me darn it!

2 comments:

Lisha said...

Ummm... seriously? Have they heard of "Community Commons"? They could license that damned screening form so that people like you could post it, including their logo. That could help save lives AND build, you know, good will and stuff.

Wanna try and convince them? I'd be more than happy to help with a campaign of gentle education and encouragement. And if that doesn't work, we can always use the power of social media to show them the True Way. :)

Chava Tzefira said...

Ah, I wish we could...but I'm relying on these people to save my kids life, which means working extra hard not to piss them off, LOL.