12.16.2008

Counting Blessings

Today, I received some work-related news that totally blindsided me. It is what it is, but it was hard to get through the day today and keep a smile on my face. I spent my day feeling really sad, confused and hurt. So, I've decided, in keeping with my usually-optimistic self, to try and think of all the reasons why I *love* my job. We'll see if that helps.

1) I get to do tasks that I truly enjoy.

2) I have generally awesome co-workers...and those that don't quite count as "awesome" at least qualify as "amusing."

3) Our mission is something I wholeheartedly support.

4) I get along well with darn-near everyone I work with.

5) I get to participate in making a tangible difference in the world every day.

6) I take enormous pride in what I do. 

7) Our Board of Directors is truly an inspiring group of people. I learn so much from them and am grateful for the chance to know them.

8) 95% of my workday is spent doing projects that I'm good at, that I enjoy and that show off my best talents and attributes.

9) I have a high level of independance

10) I have an employer that is genuinely concerned about LP and allows me flexibility

11) 95% of the time, I feel truly supported by my employer.

12) In many ways, this is my dream job.

......well, in some ways that helped, but in other (fairly significant ways) it didn't. 

Times heals all wounds, right? 

I'm off to bed.

No comments: