12.26.2008

Long Time, No Post...with Pictures

I just realized it's been about 2 weeks since last I posted. Things have been crazy busy. I've been drafting several documents for work- in addition to coordinating a number of media and event opportunities- that have kept me super busy. That, coupled with our work on the house and LP's daily care...not to mention the holidays...have kept me from having much free time. So, here's a quick update.

When people talk about what holidays they do, I usually say that we start at Chanukkah and work our way through towards New Years. So, this year, The Dancing Queen lit her funky hanukkiah and we lit my amazing modern-art version that I got from www.moderntribe.com. I would post a pic, but they no longer have it at their website and mine didn't turn out well. I'll try again later and edit the post if I can get a good one.

On Christmas Eve we went to the Castle (don't ask...ugh!) and then to service at our UU church. The Interim Minister did an absolutely lovely service, although I must say I was a little shocked when I opened the order of service and saw FOUR homilies on the agenda, LOL. They were each about 3 minutes long though, so it all worked out well. Then, we came home and crashed.

Christmas Day, we opened presents:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

For those who may be wondering why *I* am not in any of the pictures, it's because I was too busy taking them with my new hot-pink digital camera!!!

The big reveal came when LP got to open his BIG gift....so big, it had to be wrapped with an entire room, rather than some pretty paper:

Photobucket

When he opened the door (we even let him use the key!) he saw that Santa (AKA Grammy, Poppa and Great-Nana) had delivered his biggest wish....a Power Wheels!!!

Photobucket

He was jumping up and down and shouting "Oh Yeah! Oh Yeah! I got a Cavalier!!" ROFL It took us awhile to explain to him that a red Mustang convertable was WAY, WAY cooler than any Cavalier. :-)

Of course, it says a lot about my kid that (other than the hot rod) his favorite present was a sock monkey:

Photobucket

My other favorite holiday moment came when DQ opened her stocking. She is NEVER without a lip balm or three...so she thought it was awfully funny that "Santa" put TWENTY different kinds in her sock- all flavors and brands!

Photobucket

And finally, my biggest joy of the season: my kitchen is DONE!! And it's beautiful!!

Photobucket

We hung the border today. It matches the border in the bathroom and the wallpaper we plan on hanging in the hall once all the furniture is in place. I'm just over the moon...I think it looks like something straight out of a magazine. :-)

I'm exhausted but blissed. More later, but until then: Happy Christmakwanzahannuhyule.


No comments: