12.09.2008

The Good News

Since I promised both good news and bad news last night, then left you hanging on the bad, here's the counterpoint to the terrible-ness of our weekend:

Two Sundays ago, at the UU church, Daddy and I were talking to a friend of ours about all the stuff we still have to get done in order to finish up our house and move in. The church secretary heard me and asked what we still had to do. I told her that the list was W-A-Y too long for me to try and remember by rote, but that I would email it to her so that she could see. Well, she put the whole thing into the church newsletter!

A few days later, we got a call from someone I'll call Miracle. Y'all know I'm not big on using real names online, so bear with on the cheese-factor...it's the perfect alias for this guy.

Miracle is a licensed plumber who's grandfather helped found this particular UU congregation. Even though the family is not connected anymore, his mom down South saw the newsletter and called him. He called us and, lo and behold, a miracle occured!!

Miracle has coordinated him plumbing company, an electrical company, a floor-finisher-guy and a carpenter to come in and finish everything up on our house so that we can move in without stress. Everything.

I don't have words to tell you what a huge, well, miracle this is for us. They are starting to work right away and the goal is to have us in by the end of the month.

So, while there has been lots of crappy news in the past week, there's also been a lot of good too.

(Did I cheer everyone up again? I don't want you to be sad on our account!)

No comments: