7.18.2008

The Saga of Little Pom & Bubbles

Little Pom's third night of dialysis went well. I went home, so that means it went swimmingly for me, LOL. Daddy stayed the night and from what the nurse said, it was MUCH better than last night. The machine still went off several times, but at least this time there was no pain and screaming on LP's part. More good news: his "Important Kidney Number" is down to 3.6. This is AWESOME, since last time it took us a week to get him down to 3.4 and here we are, only 3 days into dialysis and seeing such good results. Little Pom's tummy is healing nicely, although he is still sore & tender and doesn't have an appetite. He says it hurts to eat. :-( His blood culture came back positive, so they have him on antibiotics for a slight infection, but he's not feverish and it seems to be no big deal. He won a little radio today on Bingo Friday.

Bubbles isn't doing as well. He's in surgery again as I type. It took them hours to get ahold of his parents to give oral consent for the procedure, since they are never here and don't answer their phones. One of the housekeepers told me that they would never give up custody of Bubbles, because they use his SSI and other benefit money to fund their own lifestyles. Aparently, Bubble's father recently bought a new car. Bastard. On the bright side, I'm pretty sure that's fraud so it would be fun, fun, FUN to turn the jerk in. Defrauding the government *and* medical neglect....surely a candidate for Father of the Year. Last night, the Dancing Queen had her head on my shoulder and Bubbles shouted "HEY! Stop touching my momma!" This SUCKS because he's gotten so attached to us, and I don't want to cause him any additional trauma when we leave. When DQ and I went to go home, Bubbles said "Where you goin'?" We told him that were going home and he said "I go home with you. I go too." It broke our hearts to leave...especially since one of the nurses told us that he's the happiest they've ever seen him with us here and that she thinks HE thinks he's going home with us."

So....add a new name to the prayer chains! Just use Bubbles when you do though...God knows who we mean, LOL.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Can social security be called on Bubble's parents? How about social services?

Unknown said...

A little behind the ball but you are right, never ask to do something that has to be done. Give them a choice such as right arm or left, but that's about it. And situations like Bubbles's is why I couldn't work at children's. I would probably get myself into trouble in the first weak.