7.01.2008

Tuesday 9:56 am

LP's going down soon for the Radioactive-Bladder-Thingy. If they find an obstruction (meaning if there's reflux from the bladder), they'll take him into the OR and go in with a fiber optic camera and see if they can get a visual of what's going on. If they DON'T find an obstruction, then they'll have to operate tomorrow and put stints in his ureters (tubes connecting his bladder to his kidneys) in order to help them drain into the bladder. So, we have a plan of action. In the meantime, "Important Kidney Number" stayed the same overnight, so it's still at 3.8. Little Pom will take three of his five medications- I'm going to ask the new pediatric resident if there are any more alternatives. I seriously just think that we broke Dr. S. By the time she was getting ready to switch shifts & floors, she was just DONE. She did say she'd come and visit, but I wouldn't be surprised if she's not REALLY relieved to be done with the Barner family.

More after the procedure.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Darlin, Stay strong. I know this is so hard for you (and hubbie and LP). You are one of the strongest women I know & I am amazed at your level-headedness at a time like this... If you need to break down, do so... it will relieve some of the tension & stress. I will not send flowers, but please expect to receive something from from HL & I.

I love you, and will coontinue to pray.

LS